Exercise is the physical exertion of the body that helps you feel better physically and mentally. We exercise for various reason, among them are:
- To strengthen our heart, muscles, and bones
- To optimize our cardiovascular system
- To lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- To control our body weight
- To relief stress
The outcome of doing exercise can vary from one person to another. Most people will see a moderate increase in endurance from physical exercise, some people will double in their oxygen uptake, and while others can never augment endurance. But most importantly is that doing frequent and regular physical exercise can gradually boost the immune system and help prevent diseases.
Based on the overall on the human body, physical exercise are categorized into three general types:
- Flexibility exercise, which keeps your muscles elastic and your joints moving freely. This type of exercise includes stretching, yoga, and pilates.
- Aerobic exercise, also called cardiovascular exercise is a relatively low density physical exercise performed for a long period of time and primarily depend on the energy-generating process. Among the popular aerobic exercises are running, jogging, cycling, jump rope, swimming, and treadmill.
- Anaerobic exercise, a high intensity and a high rate of physical work for a shorter period of time. This exercise includes sprinting, heavy weight lifting, or any other hard exercise.
Given the various benefit, the importancy, and the many types of physical exercise which we can choose to practice for a longer and better life, will you still hesitate to implement it?